Posted on 23 January 2010.
We live on an awesome town, but more often than not I find myself at my house, bored to death, wondering what I should do! And I realized that I’m not alone in the world of boredom. So i decided to check out what there is to do in Burley that is fun! So check out some of these ideas!
1. Go to a High School basketball game. Burley High School has some very good athletes this year, which makes for exciting games both from the girls and boys basketball teams.
2. Go bowling! But not just normally dressed… Find some sweet costumes, wigs, or grandparents clothing and get crazy at the bowling alley! (but don’t get kicked out)
3. Go skiing and or snowboarding up at Pomerelle. Day passes cost $35 and night passes cost $15. And if you really want to mix things up try skiing if you snowboard, and if you ski try snowboarding! You can get great rental deals at Idaho Water Sports. And for even more fun, wear a crazy snow outfit! Maybe something from the D.I. or from your basement.
4. Check out the local shops on Overland. There are some really cool shops around that a lot of people don’t know about. So go check them out!
5. Find out about local concerts and plays. Like the up coming plays “Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat” and ”Issun Boshi”.
6. Walk around Walmart. Personal Favorite
7. Take up photography. You can find some amazing shots down by the river or up on the mountain. And then once your done, make a collage of the pictures on a wall somewhere.
8. Make a movie! My friends and I love doing this! It’s a fun way to get to know people and there are some hilarious memories that come from making movies!
9. Go to the movie theater! We have both the Century Cinema and the Burley theater. They both show great movies (perfect for a date or family night).
10. Hang with friends and play Techno Twister! All you need is some techno music and a twister pad. And make sure every move you make is a dance move! And if you want to make things difficult, find an old mattress and put the mat on top of it! It makes it harder to stay on the dot, especially when your dancing at the same time!
Well that’s about all I have right now! But come on back to GoBurley.com next Thursday for some new date ideas!